Request for Expressions of Interest – The Summerfolk Music & Crafts Festival is seeking an artist to create the artwork for our 2016 festival branding. This is a paid position to create artwork for our 2016 poster and to be adapted by our designers for all marketing channels, including website, merchandise, and print.
Please visit www.summerfolk.org for more information about Summerfolk and its history.
Who can submit:
Illustrators, painters, graphic artists, printmakers, photo artists/manipulators. We want something original.
(Please, no conventional photography submissions; we aren’t planning a photo-based poster for 2016.)
Ways to submit:
- Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or you can mail/drop-off your submission to the Georgian Bay Folk Society. We will not return submissions—please provide a SASE (self-addressed, stamped envelope), if you would like your work mailed back to you. (Folk Society’s office hours are 10am-5pm, Monday to Friday.)
What to submit:
– bio and/or artist statement;
– link to your online portfolio and/or up to 5 images of your work (if emailing, please ensure your email is less than 2.5MB total);
– a concept sketch, or discussion about possible direction or ideas for the 2016 artwork.
Do not send finished art or fully-developed concepts. The artist will work with the Georgian Bay Folk Society and our designer to develop the final images.
Deadline for submissions: Submissions must have arrived in the office or in our email by Friday, November 13th, 2015: 5pm EST.
Please note: only the selected artist will be contacted.
Samples of previous posters are below