WHY SUPPORT THE SUMMERFOLK ENDOWMENT FUND?
• To continue to support the GBFS in promoting musical and artistic folk traditions.
• To support our Youth Discoveries program that has mentored and developed many young, talented performers.
• To allow our community to continue to provide a festival that has put Owen Sound and the community on the international map.
• To contribute to a fund that supports many community projects and events.
• To ensure the Summerfolk Music & Crafts Festival can be enjoyed by future generations.
WAYS TO SUPPORT THE FUND:
* WILL BEQUESTS
A charitable bequest is a gift specified in your will. It is an easy and effective way to support future generations. You can designate a certain sum of money, a particular asset, or a portion of your estate.
* GIFTS OF LIFE INSURANCE
Paying modest premiums now can provide a significant gift in the future.
You may donate a new or existing policy and receive tax benefits during your lifetime. You can also use life insurance, payable to your heirs, to offset the value of other charitable gifts you have made.
* GIFTS OF APPRECIATED SECURITIES
Donating appreciated stock from your investment portfolio instead of cash.
Your tax benefits from the donation can be increased and the GBFS will be just as happy to receive the stock.
* MEMORIAL GIFTS
A memorial gift or gift in honor is an appropriate way to remember a special person while at the same time helping others. Thoughtful memorial gifts and gifts in honour make it possible for us to continue funding our programs and events.
* DONATIONS AND PLEDGES
A donation is an outright gift, while a pledge is a promise to donate later.
On-line donations to the SUMMERFOLK FUND may be made to the Community Foundation at: https://www.canadahelps.org/en/charities/community-foundation-grey-bruce/#donate_now
Cheques may be made payable to:
Community Foundation Grey Bruce (on the memo line, please indicate Summerfolk Fund)
Community Foundation Grey Bruce
P.O. Box 81, Owen Sound, ON
Donations may be made in person from 9am to 4pm Monday to Friday, at the Community Foundation office located in Carney’s Lane, just off the main street in Owen Sound.
All donations are generously matched by:
the Canadian Heritage Endowment Fund