We are open to submissions starting on October 1.
If you wish to apply by email please send to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put Artist Submission 2019 in the subject line. Include links to web page links, EPK’s, links to music and video, basically anything at all that will give us an idea of what you do.
Or, if you prefer that we have something more physical in our hands, please mail a package to
c/o Georgian Bay Folk Society
P.O. Box 521
Owen Sound, ON N4K 5R1
please do not use the comments box for your submissions
The deadline to submit is January 15, 2019. Applications re-open October 1st, 2019 for Summerfolk 45. Submissions are kept active for one year. All materials received by the Georgian Bay Folk Society and/or the Artistic Director remain the property of the Folk Society.
All submissions are reviewed for their suitability for Summerfolk and our year-round programs. Due to the volume of material received, please be aware we are unable to acknowledge receipt (unless you submit electronically) or provide comments. Only those of interest will be contacted.
- When submitting a CD, suggest the three most appropriate songs on the disc to be reviewed.
- One page with bio, press and contact info is usually sufficient. If you are selected, additional promotional materials may be requested.
- when submitting INCLUDE video links, please.
- October is probably the best time to send a kit for the coming year.
- If you have applied in the past and have not recorded anything new, don’t send another cd. Sell it instead. We have your other one here.
- A list of workshop possibilities.
- A recent live recording.
- Remove the shrink-wrap from the CD. If in a jewel case, remove from jewel case and send with the booklet.