We’re holding a photography contest in honour of Summerfolk 40. The Georgian Bay Folk Society logo was inspired by the image of David Essig tuning up under a tree on the shore at the first Summerfolk. We challenge you to take a photo inspired by the logo, send it to us with “contest” and “Your Name” in the subject line, and we’ll post it on our Facebook page. The three contest photos that collect the most ‘likes’ between June 16th and 30th will receive a prize.
Have some fun and be creative!
Photos must contain:
-at least one (1) person with instrument(s)
– a tree
1st Prize: 2 tickets to the Summerfolk Birthday Blues Bash on August 20th at Kelso Beach
2nd Prize: A Summerfolk 2015 t-shirt and 40th anniversary travel mug
3rd Prize: A Summerfolk 40th anniversary travel mug
Complete contest rules below.
- The “Social Media Contest” (the “Contest”), operated by The Georgian Bay Folk Society on Facebook, will run during the time period specified on the “Social Media Contest” and end on June 30th, 2015. In order to participate in the “Contest”, entrants must fully comply with all the “Social Media Contest” rules contained herein.
- To enter the “Contest”, e-mail a qualifying photograph to firstname.lastname@example.org in June 2015 with “Contest” and “Your Name” in the subject line.
- To Qualify, all photographs must contain at least one (1) musician with instrument(s) under a tree and with visible water.
- Photographs will be posted on the Summerfolk Music and Crafts Facebook page beginning June 16th.
- The prizes will be awarded to the contestants who submitted the photos with the highest number of “likes” as of June 30th at 5pm EDT.
- Limit of 1 entry per person.
- Contestants must own all rights to the works submitted and are solely responsible for obtaining model releases, when applicable. As such, Contestants hold the Georgian Bay Folk Society and Contest sponsors harmless from any breech of copyright in Canada, the United States and elsewhere and from consequential litigation. The Contestants retain ownership to submitted photographs, however,The Georgian Bay Folk Society will gain the right to feature winning photographs for promotional purposes through both Summerfolk.org and Summerfolk Music and Crafts Festival social media accounts.
- The Georgian Bay Folk Society reserves the right to disqualify entries that it considers offensive.
- Participants under the age of 19 will require parental consent to claim a prize.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
- The contest is open to all residents of Canada and the United States. Excluded from the contest are all employees, agents and representatives of the Contest organizer (Georgian Bay Folk Society) as well as members of their immediate family (brothers, sisters, children, father, mother), their legal or common law spouse, and anyone domiciled with these employees, representatives and agents.
- By submitting a photograph to the ‘Contest’, contestants agree to all contest terms included herein.
- An employee of the Georgian Bay Folk Society will contact the winners as soon as reasonably possible to arrange delivery of the prizes.