Performer Submission Guidelines
Submissions for Summerfolk 45 are open.
Normally, we would start accepting applications for the 2021 Summerfolk around October 21st. Of course, things are not normal. Our ability to hold a Summerfolk next year and what that festival will look like depends on regulations coming from public health officials. We do like hearing from you though and seeing what you are up to. So… feel free to apply below. Realize though that it may be well into 2021 before we can even think of giving you an answer. We ask that you be patient.
You can apply, electronically, with the following form;
If you wish to apply by email please send to;
Please put “Performer Submission 2020” in the subject line.
Include links to web page links, EPK’s, links to music and video, basically anything at all that will give us an idea of what you do.
Or, if you prefer that we have something more physical in our hands, please mail a package to;
c/o Georgian Bay Folk Society
P.O. Box 521
Owen Sound, ON
Please do not use the comments box for your submissions
As noted above, things are a bit uncertain at the moment so for the time being there is no deadline for submitting applications. We will take them on an ongoing basis.
All materials received by the Georgian Bay Folk Society and/or the Artistic Director remain the property of the Folk Society. All submissions are reviewed for their suitability for Summerfolk and our year-round programs. Due to the volume of material received, please be aware we are unable to acknowledge receipt (unless you submit electronically) or provide comments. Only those of interest will be contacted.
- When submitting a CD, suggest the three most appropriate songs on the disc to be reviewed.
- One page with bio, press and contact info is usually sufficient. If you are selected, additional promotional materials may be requested.
- when submitting INCLUDE video links, please.
- October is probably the best time to send a kit for the coming year.
- If you have applied in the past and have not recorded anything new, don’t send another cd. Sell it instead. We have your other one here.
- A list of workshop possibilities.
- A recent live recording.
- Remove the shrink-wrap from the CD. If in a jewel case, remove from jewel case and send with the booklet.